Wahroonga operates under a COVID Safe Plan
Wahroonga Pre-School is committed to following the latest advice provided by the Department of Education, Department of Health and Human Services, and State and Federal Governments. We have the best interests of teaching staff, students and families as the utmost priority.
The Vic Government have made kinder free in 2021 for 4yo and subsidised unfunded 3yo programs. This means our 4yo children attend for free and our 3yo children receive $1600 as direct subsidy against fees.
Wahroonga events will be organised in line with Government and Health advice. All visitors onsite are expected to Check-In using our unique QR code or record details on our Visitor log onsite. Both are available at the kinder entrance.
As parents, it can be difficult to work out what information to share with our children and how to do it. To support you in talking about COVID-19 with your children, you could check out UNICEF’s How to talk to your child about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) You can also help your child understand the importance of washing their hands with help from this Wiggles video or the Singing Walrus.
The Department of Health and Human Services have a short training session available for anyone who wants to complete it. Wahroonga teachers and executive committee have completed it and it offers a basic but informative package of information, including myth busters. You can access the training session here: COVID-19 Infection Control Training.
For the latest information and updates about COVID-19 see the various websites below.
- Victorian Department of Education and Training updates: https://education.vic.gov.au/about/department/Pages/coronavirus.aspx
- Victorian updates: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/novelcoronavirus
- National updates: https://www.health.gov.au/news/latest-information-about-novel-coronavirus
- Federal Department of Education, Skills and Employment updates: https://www.dese.gov.au/news/coronavirus-covid-19?12=
- World Health Organisation updates: https://www.who.int/westernpacific/emergencies/novel-coronavirus
- World Health Organisation resources: https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
You can download and print the following hygiene posters, created by the Department of Health and Human Services.
COVID-19 made it hard to find hand sanitiser? Make your own with help from Sustain a home. It’s also a natural version.
In the midst of COVID-19, if you managed to get your hands on paper towel but not baby wipes, then consider making your own with this Aussie mum’s video tutorial via kidspot.