Wahroonga Pre-School is committed to following the latest advice provided by the Department of Education, Department of Health and Human Services, and State and Federal Governments. We have the best interests of teaching staff, students and families as the utmost priority.
Whilst the Government has announced that 4yo funded kinder will be subsidised, Wahroonga is unfortunately not able to obtain that funding. This means that Wahroonga will not receive any additional subsidies from the Government to offset parent fees.
There has been an increase in the number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in Victoria, with an increase in the number of household contacts spreading the virus among extended family groups. Current restrictions for Metro Melbourne apply for Wahroonga.
All Wahroonga events are cancelled until further notice.
As parents, it can be difficult to work out what information to share with our children and how to do it. To support you in talking about COVID-19 with your children, you could check out UNICEF’s How to talk to your child about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) You can also help your child understand the importance of washing their hands with help from this Wiggles video or the Singing Walrus.
The Department of Health and Human Services have a short training session available for anyone who wants to complete it. Wahroonga teachers and executive committee have completed it and it offers a basic but informative package of information, including myth busters. You can access the training session here: COVID-19 Infection Control Training.
For the latest information and updates about COVID-19 see the various websites below.
- Victorian Department of Education and Training updates: https://education.vic.gov.au/about/department/Pages/coronavirus.aspx
- Victorian updates: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/novelcoronavirus
- National updates: https://www.health.gov.au/news/latest-information-about-novel-coronavirus
- Federal Department of Education, Skills and Employment updates: https://www.dese.gov.au/news/coronavirus-covid-19?12=
- World Health Organisation updates: https://www.who.int/westernpacific/emergencies/novel-coronavirus
- World Health Organisation resources: https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
You can download and print the following hygiene posters, created by the Department of Health and Human Services.
COVID-19 made it hard to find hand sanitiser? Make your own with help from Sustain a home. It’s also a natural version.
In the midst of COVID-19, if you managed to get your hands on paper towel but not baby wipes, then consider making your own with this Aussie mum’s video tutorial via kidspot.